|HOME About Christian Blogging About Martin Roth My Novels|
Fourteen Ideas to Inspire
Chosun Journal – dedicated to raising world awareness of the North Korean gulag - is a stand-out website, working to “inform, provoke, and mobilize consciences for human rights in North Korea”.
Recently the editors sent out “14 Quotes That Chosun Journal Lives By”. Would that we could all live by these ideals:
1. In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies but the silence of our friends. - Martin Luther King, Jr.
2. There is one thing stronger than all the armies in the world, and that is an idea whose time has come. - Victor Hugo
3. He who saves one life saves the world entire. - Babylonian Talmud
4. If your opponent is of choleric temper, irritate him. - Sun Tzu
5. We can't all be heroes because someone has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by. - Will Rogers
6. Better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness. - Chinese Proverb
7. Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. - Martin Luther King, Jr.
8. Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
9. Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now. - Goethe
10. An appeaser is a guy who throws his friends to the alligator in hopes that the alligator will eat him last. - Winston Churchill
11. The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. - Albert Einstein
12. The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. - Lloyd Jones
13. Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character give him power. - Abraham Lincoln
14. Thou wilt incline Thine ear to vindicate the oppressed, that man who is of the earth may cause terror no more. - Psalm 10
October 14th, 2003